CVS Health® provides the info on the next page. Aetna® is part of the CVS Health family of companies. If you want to stay on our site, choose the “X” in the upper right corner to close this message. Or choose “Go on” to move forward to CVS.com.
Our care management team
Our care management team
Our care management team will come up with a personalized care plan tailor-made for you. They’ll help you learn more about your symptoms. And they’ll work with other agencies to make sure you get the services and care you need.
The care management team has nurses and social workers to help you:
- Get services and care, including information on how to get referrals to special facilities for highly specialized care
- Work with your health care providers and organizations
- Learn more about your symptoms
- Access services for crisis situations after normal business hours
- Arrange services for children with special health care needs, such as well-child care, health promotion, disease prevention and specialty care services
Asthma is common and affects people in different ways. If you have symptoms, it’s important to discuss them with your doctor. Here’s how we can help.
If your asthma is considered low-risk, we’ll give you tips for taking care of yourself year-round. That way, you can better manage your symptoms when they appear.
If your asthma is high-risk, a care manager will call you to talk about your care. These are some of the things you’ll talk about:
- How to take care of your asthma at home
- Why it’s important to take your medicine as prescribed
- What might cause an asthma attack
- How to change your habits so you can feel better
COPD is a lung disease. Our care management team works with members who have COPD to help guide them on their paths to better health.
If you are at high risk, a care manager will check in on you to make sure you’re getting the help you need. They’ll talk to you about your treatment. In some cases, you might get a prescription for oxygen therapy or more medicine. If you smoke, your care manager can help you come up with a plan to quit smoking.
CAD is the most common form of heart disease. Cholesterol and other materials can start to collect in your arteries. This makes the heart work harder to do its job.
Tell your doctor if your family has any history of CAD. Our care management team will create a care program to help treat and prevent your symptoms of CAD.
Diabetes can be a lot of work to handle alone. And it's important to learn as much as you can about your diabetes. Our care management program is here for you. Our team will help you manage and treat your diabetes. First, we’ll work with you and your doctor to see how high your risk for problems is.
If you are at low risk, we’ll get you the information and help you need to take care of yourself.
If you’re at high risk for getting diabetes, or if you have diabetes, a care manager will teach you:
- How to manage your diabetes
- Cómo controlar el nivel de azúcar en sangre.
- How to take your medicine
- Cómo cuidarse bien los pies.
- What healthy habits can help you feel better
Do you ever experience shortness of breath doing everyday activities? If so, you might be experiencing symptoms of heart failure. Our care management team will show you how to manage and prevent those symptoms. They’ll also coordinate treatment options with your doctor to make sure you get the care you need. Many of our members with heart failure live healthy, active lives, and you can, too.